SOCKEY ON HOCKEY

Like John Kincade, only I know what the fuck I'm talking about!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Take The Blue Out Of Blueland??

The millions of you that read my blog and listen to my pod casts know that I call them as I see them. If you have seen my entry into the Thrasher’s Unleash The Fury Contest you know that I am straight shooter. Show up, play hard, execute; and they’ll get all of the praise in the world from me. Do something stupid, like when Granite Exlby chases somebody out to the neutral zone or when Ilya passes the puck to Shane Hnidy, I will call them out for it. I am not afraid to name names, as long as I can pronounce them. Off ice is not necessarily a safe haven either. Just ask the pumpkin headed guy that sits in front of me at home games or the owner that ran the Capitals into the ground.

Every now and then I will rant about Derwin Elliot’s behavior on the post-game show. He has seen as many games as any of us fans, but to go up to the Bank Of America Club and listen to him, you’d never know a Thrasher has ever played a poor game. Hearing him defend a player’s God-awful performance you would think he knows nothing about the sport. He has sold his credibility to become a shill for his employer. I realize he has to sit on a plane with the team every now and then, but I also realize that if he were working for any other team, he’d have no problem pointing out that Andy Sutton is a human Yield sign and NOT an NHL caliber defenseman. When you are afraid to give your honest opinion or change it because of who is handing you cash, you become an acquiescent twit, a whore of sorts, and the Atlanta Spirit is the pimp who’s backhand you recoil from. Is that what the Spirit wants? Pusillanimous pantywaists to kiss daddy’s rings and tell him how wonderful he is? If so, get out of Elliot’s path; he is going to push and shove his way to the front of that line!

What’s really unbelievable is that he will HAVE to push and shove to get past other sellouts. Which brings me to the Blueland Bogger. This web guy does not appear to have been much of a fan prior to landing a job as the team blogger, and it's obvious that the Atlanta Spirit do not do background checks on prospective hires. While researching my most recent post I hunted the web for opinions on the Thrashers’ Blueland jersey, and stumbled upon a real gem.

Obviously this was written BEFORE they hired him to to give their opinions.
Seems the author of the Atlanta Thrashers OFFICIAL web blog isn't even a fan of the team!! He doesn’t like the logo, doesn’t like the color, doesn’t like the asymmetrical sleeves. He describes the Thrasher jersey as “an ugly sweater” and “a first class stinker”, then shows his Canadian bias (and lack of style) by contrasting it with the “good work” of the Calgary Flaming Donkeys, Edmonton Spaceships, and every Toronto professional team.



I bet if this jersey belonged to a Canadian team, he would consider it a masterpiece as well.


This site also lends insight into his Ottawa leanings and his queer Mik-maq-man crush on Chad Denny. As good as my sources are they have not been able to verify that this is not his bedroom:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Embarassing for the team, add it to the list of bush league issues they have brought with them since taking over.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous maine man said…

    i have been wondering about all of the chad denny love on the blueland blog, that sort of explains it. i am not sure i believe they would have separate beds though

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous J.P. Vigier said…

    Chad Denny? Are you kidding me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home