SOCKEY ON HOCKEY

Like John Kincade, only I know what the fuck I'm talking about!

Friday, March 11, 2011

A Response From Winter-peg!

The Staff at Sockey On Hockey (I'm not talking about Harry Pohl) has hired a guest blogger this week to provide a counter-point to last months bloggings. We've paid wpgguymb in two fours and curling stones to give us a Northern take on Southern hockey... If you're tweeting, you need to follow this guy, he's delusional!
--------------------------------------------

I'm writing this as a Winnipeg hockey fan. We are looking for an NHL team... any NHL team. That said, we'd rather have the Coyotes. We don't want no state "bird" you call a Thrasher. WTF is a Thrasher anyways? All I know about birds is that they are messy. They shit everywhere and lose a lot of feathers.

The Thrasher truly represents your hockey team which is a mess. Why would Winnipeg want a mess? We don't. The Thrashers are like the last girl at the bar, you see her but you're too drunk to realize how ugly she is and decide to take her home because she's the only thing left. I'm not sure about you but I dread waking up after the celebration party only to find that ugly pig stinking up our rink. I'd rather have the much prettier girl at the bar. In this case it's the Phoenix Coyotes. They have a good team, a team that is going to MAKE the playoffs. I'm sure glad they don't use, "GO DAWGS" as their cheer. That cheer can stay with some overrated football team at the University of Georgia. Is that the best cheer the fans could come up with? Sure glad I'm not exposed to that cheer on a daily basis, it's pathetic. I guess “git-r-done” was already taken.

I still want Atlanta to lose it’s team. You don’t support hockey, you don’t deserve hockey. I'm suprised the thought of chasing something black with a stick doesn't draw more fans down South. I'd think you'd have to close down the highways to keep everyone from Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina out!
I hope the Thrashers end up in Quebec City. That would suit the Thrashers, a crappy team in a crappy arena. However, I have no idea where these Quebec people get the balls to say they are going to get the Thrashers when they have an arena that belongs in a Third World Country. Come on Quebec, man up and build an arena first, then you may want to find someone who has money who can buy a team. Until that comes together, you have nothing but a wet dream.

Winnipeg is close to getting the 'yotes (or the Jokes as we like to call them), our arena is ready and apparently the ownership is ready. Now all we have to do is fly our Jets back home. I'm sure there will be about 3 Coyotes fans that will miss them, but they'll get over it and then maybe someone will give them an AHL team that they won't support -- NOT to be confused with the AHL-quality team that Atlanta doesn't support.

From what I hear in the media it sounds like someone is going to buy the Thrashers. Ya your local sports guy has some sort of inside knowledge that says it will be so. That went well for the Coyotes too, please Google Jerry Reinsdorf, Ice Edge Holdings and Matthew Hulsizer. Ya all those deals worked out awesome and now the Coyotes are just about extinct, so good luck to you with that. Well if you do lose your crappy hockey team you have that crappy football team to watch!

GO DAWGS… and take the Thrashers with you!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simple thoughts from simple minds. Go Thrashers

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger J.K. Sockey said…

    I wish I could log into my blog to erase this, but they've changed my password from BJaffe'sWenis to something else...

    I think they make good points. With every game that goes by, I want Winnipeg to take the Thrashers too!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I surely don't want people thinking this person speaks for us Winnipeggers. What an embarassment. I am excited about getting a team back like many other people are, but I loathe the idea of calling down other cities and other fans in the process. I am very disappointed that THIS was chosen to be on the Jets Gazette. Pure garbage! This person should go learn some actual vocabulary so they don't have to rely on unnecessary vulgarity.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Real Thrashers fans Know JKsockey is a bitch said…

    You disgust me. Your blog is an utter piece of trash just like you. Go eat a dick you fucknut.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger J.K. Sockey said…

    Finally, a visit from John Kincade! Thanks for reading!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Got to give credit - the chasing something black with a stick is a nice line.

    But WTF kind of bird is that? It's totally badass. We need to get rid of the Thrasher and change to the RaptorSparrows of Death.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home